Wednesday 5 June 2013

Lord Krishna extolls Bheema's Sincerety

 Arjuna was always proud to be the greatest worshiper and follower of Lord Krishna and used to boast it always. Krishna wanted to teach a lesson to Arjuna and one day asked Arjuna to follow him for a walk on the streets.

They started walking and on the way found so many bullock carts coming with heaps of beautiful and fragrant flowers continuously in a very long line.

Arjuna was flabbergasted by seeing this and aske  Krishna " Sir where from all these flowers in carts are coming? It seems they do not stop coming."

Smilingly Krishna said "See they are coming fro the penance of Bheema, your brother. He continuously  worships and prays to me."

Arjuna did not believe this. He said "Please Krishna, do not try to tell me a lie. I know Bheema, he is lazy, stupid and rough. He would never do  such a  penances and prayers which could bring so many cart loads of  flowers . So tell me the truth."

Krishna Said " Arjuna, you do not know Bheema. Whatever he does he says :Krishna, I am doing this for you. So whenever he says so a flower comes to me. So always he thinks and remembers me. That is why so many flowers are coming from him to me."

Arjuna felt ashamed and from that day stooped boasting his love and obedience to Lord Krishna.

There is another lesson here. If one does his job properly and just remember the God that itself is sufficient to get him the attention of the God and no continuous prayers and other rituals could do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment